Thursday, June 29, 2006

An introduction

Hello! For those of you who don't know me (and I'm assuming that's probably most of you) - I'm AmyLeigh. I get to be the Script Supervisor(which means I keep the time code for each take of each scene, and keep track of the continuity of the actors, their costumes, and the scenery), Costumes extraordinarie, and owner of the truck that carries all the dollies and road blocks. I'm from Colorado, though I've spent three years in college here. I'm not a fan of Iowa summers - though the humidity means fireflies - which don't live in Colorado. I worked with Mike and Jamey last year on Prairie Pirates, and am back again this year. Yay! And.... that's enough about me.
Today marked our 10th day of shooting. We're doing pretty well I think. We learned today that Mike's dogs behave really well when in front of a camera - which wasn't a good thing since we were banking on them being their...ummmm...energetic? selves. However, since we were only working with one actor besides the dogs - it went fairly smooth. It was hot today, or so it felt in Mike's garage. However, movie shoots have taken place in hotter, more uncomfortable locations, and Amy gave us popsicles in the afternoon, so it's all good.
Basically, today consisted of a hot garage, two well-behaved dogs, an amazing dog wrangler who is also known as Mike's eldest, popsicles, chinese, frozen mountain dew, a brown mustang, dog poop made of chocolate, peanut butter and flour, wet clothes, and smooshed french fries.
It was a good day.

1 comment:

Amy A. said...

Sounds like a really great day! Thanks, Amy Leigh. Keep those posts coming!